Windows 7 SP1 Troubles

NIM

My experience with Windows 7 Service Pack 1 were not so good so far, but I'm guessing that this issues are related to Thinkpad T500 drivers rather than the Service Pack itself.

I have reinstalled Windows 7 SP1 x64from .iso image that I got from Technet.

First issues were that once I opened the lid and my PC came out of standby I couldn't get brightness on the screen, fingerprint software wasn't working at al etc.

I have then reinstalled once again and used only Windows Update drivers. After that I've only installed needed device drivers from IBM along with Locations and Power Management applications using Lenovo System Update.

Everything was OK until laptop screen went black (screensaver) then the disk started to work constantly and whatever I did, I couldn't get it back. I needed to shut it down using power button.

I'm guessing this problem is related to IBM power management, but I'm not sure. I've set that disks never power off to see if this will help.

What are your experiences?

What about the device manager, you missing any drivers?

You might be missing some of the intel management interface/firmware

I think you need to try a free driver update program like SlimDrivers or DriverMax and get all the latest drivers installed

And make sure you have the latest bios

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/migr-70443.html

BIOS update had only two minor updates, not related to my issues.

Also, now it seems it is working OK, although when i comes out of the standby while it is unplugged, brightness is at 0%. Then I need to plug the power cord in to restore brightness. After that I can remove the power cord and use it normally using battery.

I never had similar issues before with this laptop :)